Saturday, April 17, 2010

37 WEEK WADDLE

Well, no babies yet. I thought for sure it was coming a couple weeks ago but those contractions were just practice I guess. I still go to the Dr. once a week and have Stress tests twice a week. We asked the Dr to induce me on Monday and he said....'nope'. There is no reason (other than my lack of sleep, swollen feet and stretch marks) to get these babies out if they aren't ready. Okay, okay, what is best for the babies! I can't imagine they are comfy in there though, scrunched up and all.

OUCHY! These little piggies went to the market and came home with Flip Flop feet. This is early in the morning too - the indents on the sides are my permanant reminder to drink more water! I tried black and white this time to spare you from seeing just how many or how bad the stretch marks are. The ones under that dot (once a belly button) itch like I've been romping around in poison ivy.

I have approximately 2 outfits that I can wear these days. These pants sit pretty low and I have a dress that just hangs over the whole thing. Lexi has always been low in my belly and then when she decided to drop it got even more uncomfortable to have any sort of pressure on her head.

We went to get an Ultrasound last Monday. Both babies are growing great, estimating at least 5 1/2 pounds each, if not more. So think of carrying a 12 pound pumpkin in your tummy. I measure 44 weeks so if you've ever wondered how it would be to be a month late - let me know, I'll cue you in. She could see lots of hair on Jack but because Lexi is so low, she couldn't get a clear picture to see if she has hair or not. I sure hope so. How sad if the boy has crazy hair and she is bald. Lots of bows, hats and headbands I guess. We'll see soon enough!

5 comments:

Burk Family said...

Oh, Brooke, you poor thing. I can't imagine being 44 weeks prego. I had both mine a week early and was dying! And your feet are so swollen. I remember mine just feeling hot all the time. Yuck.
Hang, in there, girl. Can't wait to see the baby pictures. I wish I was there to take their newborn shots!

Jed, Erin, Kate & Paige said...

I thought for sure you would have had them by now. Hang in there, they'll be here soon!

coriconnors said...

Oh my goodness! Brooke, you are AMAZING! Hang in there (or...out there). These are lucky little babies...just hope they get here soon so you can breathe!

DeAnne said...

A lot of people (me) struggle and moan and groan carrying just one 8 lb baby! No wonder your poor little piggies are swollen! You are tough! Can't wait to see if Lexi has hair or not--it seems like the boys always get the good hair and eye lashes. I am sure they are both adorable hair or not!

amy said...

I sure hope Tyler gives a mean foot rub! Hang in there.