Tuesday, August 5, 2008

GOING GREEN

No, we’re not going “Hippie-Tree Hugger” on you… We planted grass seed a while back and have waited and waited for it to grow. Tyler has fertilized and watered the little sprouts all he could, we even let the grass grow to about 6 inches long, (looked like a green wheat field blowing in the wind) as our Botanist neighbor told us to let the rye grass “seed” and die and then the real blue grass would come up nice and strong under it. Well, looks like it worked! We’ve finally had decent weather here and we are so happy that we don’t look like the white trash family on the street with weeds all over. So here is the before and after shots

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow it looks so good! Those trees will be so great when they are big too. I'm impressed!

Anonymous said...

That grass is awesome! I looks like the perfect grass to just go lay down in and look at the clouds!
By the way, thanks for those pictures from Forks and La Push! We passed through there before the books were ever big, and I had never even heard of Edward, so I didn't pay attention to the surroundings. I was laughing thinking of you daydreaming while looking out the window, while the rest of the Victor family had no clue about the importance of the area! ha ha! I am totally excited to read the book, but am waiting to borrow it from my sister! But I am very anxious!!

kk said...

I'm so jealous of your grass! East coast grass sucks. It's hard and not soft at all.

Glad your blogging so I can secretly know all about your life!